NWACT Charter and Bylaws provide for the following Board structure:
- All local government agency members are elected officials. Alternates may be agency staff.
- County commissions affirm representatives selected by cities for voting membership
- A total of 28 voting members
- A minimum of 50% of NWACT’s voting members are elected officials
NWACT's Board members represent a broad cross section of local jurisdictions and stakeholders:
- Four County Commissioners (One per county)
- Four City Officials (One per county)
- Four Community/Small City Officials (One per county)
- One ODOT Area Manager (ODOT Region 2)
- Three Port Members (One each from Clatsop, Columbia and Tillamook counties, selected by Port caucus)
- Three Transit District or other Public Transportation Provider Members (One each from Clatsop, Columbia and Tillamook counties, selected by Transit District caucus or other agency with public transportation jurisdiction)
- Eight Citizen-At-Large Representatives – Two per county, selected by the county’s commissioners, following public advertisement of the position. Members are non-elected citizens selected from private interests including but not limited to freight, trucking, bicycle, pedestrian, public transportation system, public interest advocacy groups, environmental, land use, local citizens, business, education, minority organizations, public safety providers, non-profit organizations, etc.
- One forestry representative
- One State Parks representative