$500, 000 in NEW direct small business grants now available in West Washington County and region
Grants range from $2,500—$50,000 and CARES recipients are eligible
Applications are due Monday, October 19, 2020, 5:00 pm
October 5, St. Helens, OR—Columbia Pacific Economic Development District (Col-Pac) today announced the immediate opening of a new (final) round of grant funding to directly benefit small businesses located in western Washington County Banks, Buxton, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Gales Creek, Gaston, Manning, North Plains and the surrounding unincorporated area) impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This new round of Business Oregon Emergency Small business grants resembles earlier rounds in July, with four significant changes:
· The total available funding amount has been increased,
· Grants may be for a larger amount,
· Businesses that received CARES Act funding are now eligible to apply for grants, and
· Businesses that were awarded an Emergency Small Business grant in a prior round of funding may reapply utilizing a supplemental application.
On direction from the Legislative E-Board, Business Oregon, has allocated $500,000 in state funds to the region for the purpose of providing direct financial assistance to small businesses and non-profit organizations that have been adversely affected by economic conditions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses with 25 or fewer employees are eligible if they were either forced to shut down by state order or can demonstrate a 25% drop in gross revenue in a given month between March and August of 2020, compared to the same month 2019. Documenting revenue reductions is necessary for successful applicants.
According to the state program small businesses and some non-profits are eligible if they are:
· Located in western Washington County
· Registered in Oregon
· Current/compliant on taxes
· Adversely impacted as a direct result of the COVID-19 crisis
· 25 or fewer employees as of February 29, 2020
· 25% or more reduction to sales as a result of the COVID -19 crisis
· Federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profits
More information and applications are available for download today at:
NW Oregon Emergency Small Business Grants
Apply immediately—Applications Due by October 19, 2020, 5 pm.
This is a limited time grant opportunity, businesses are encouraged to download the application and fill it out completely. If the total amount of grant funds requested exceeds the available funds, a random selection process will be conducted to determine grant awardees.
Completed applications should be emailed to Mary McArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible applications will be reviewed for potential funding and notified if a grant award will be made. Grant checks will be available by November 15th.